______________________________________________________________________________________________




______________________________________________________________________________________________




______________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, May 10, 2010

Lena Horne

I took this from the wonderful Johnny Mercer documentary that aired earlier this year. When I first watched this program, I was stunned by Lena's performance and had had every intention of getting it posted. Today's sad news jolted me into action. What I found interesting is that throughout this film, there are innumerable snippets from performances, but whoever put this together realized that this performance needed to be shown in it's entirety....it is that electrifying. She transcends the medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, we're all ears!