______________________________________________________________________________________________




______________________________________________________________________________________________




______________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

JANUARY 20, 1961

This is page 142 from the latest Vanity Fair. I was drawn to the automobile in this photo. At first I thought it was a Chrysler product, but no, it's a Lincoln. And then I thought, hey, Lincolns weren't this round for most of the 50s, what year is this? The closest I can figure is maybe it's a '50.  And then this makes me wonder....January, 1961 and the new President is being taxied around in a eleven year old car? Is that the way we did things back then? I mean, the Caddy behind them is old too, but probably a '55 or '56.





4 comments:

  1. And they say the Democrats spend too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As wikipedia says the cars were delivered 1950 and used until 1965. Custom built Lincoln Cosmopolitans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mein darling mago, leave it to you show me the way. many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A book on old Lincolns I read talked about that being the Eisenhower official limo.

    ReplyDelete

Please, we're all ears!