______________________________________________________________________________________________




______________________________________________________________________________________________




______________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, March 31, 2024

A Zidelian Mystery

 Some of you, maybe all three, will recall my bloggy homage to Esther Zidel, a woman I knew, a bit. After she left this world some of her scrapbooks and drawings were rescued from the trash heap and given to me. I sensed this "trash" needed saving and I did my best over there. It's been so long since I've done anything bloggy, I can't even manage to do a simple link to Esther. Pathetic.


I was just sent a photo consisting of a trio of Esther works I've never seen. The sender asked me if I could identify the subjects.

The dude in the center is undoubtedly Robert Taylor (does anyone remember Robert Taylor??) 

The mademoiselle on top gives me an Olivia deHavilland vibe, but then I look again and I kind of see her sister. In other words, I'm not sure.

And the bottom dame baffles.


ANY GUESSES??




6 comments:

  1. I'm stumped. The middle yes...and I tend to agree about the top...I see more Joan Fontaine. As for the last, I'm mind went right for Maureen O'Hara.

    Someone gets us Jon on the line.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe Esther did a blending of Joan AND Olivia????

      Delete
  2. Although many leading ladies did their hair that way at the time, my best initial guess would be Helen Forrest.

    The top one looks more like Olivia de Havilland to me... Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen Forest, very fascinating guess! I've submitted it to the board & they'll deliberate promptly!

      Delete
  3. Robert Taylor is looking more like a Roberta.

    ReplyDelete

Please, we're all ears!